Surely you have heard of the hip flexors, a muscular compendium of utmost importance for a balance and balance between the upper and lower train and called lumbar vertebrae, hip, and femur.
Let’s get to know it in detail, and let’s see how to train it to squeeze its functions. Keep reading!
What are hip flexors?
The healthy human body is the perfect machine. It only has one defect: it deteriorates, it has an expiration date. Therefore, we must apply the necessary care if we want to build muscle or tone it, so that it is applied daily under optimal conditions.
Hip flexors are composed of several muscles, which are: Iliopsoas, Tensor fasciae latae muscle, Anterior rectus, and sartorius with origin in the Lumbar spine and pelvis, and femur.
How to strengthen this muscle complex?
First, we must take into account some previous aspects:
- Assess an imbalance between anterior and posterior muscles, which not only has a direct impact on the abdominal-lumbar muscles but also in more distal areas of the human anatomy.
- Evaluate the subject’s previous level, according to age patterns, past injuries, or level of physical activity. Therefore, we may need a previous mobility or low load or tension training, such as elastic bands or self-loading.
Some interesting and beneficial exercises
We will explain some exercises for you to get the most out of your hip flexors, simple and evolutionary, according to level.
Remember: the important thing is not to perform an exercise with high loads, but to do everything named with an anatomical position suitable for it.
1. Isometric supine primary hip flexion
As simple as raising the knees up to the abdomen, it is possible to make a more complex evolution from the vertical. Subject to a pull-up bar, for example.
2. Hip flexion with the concentric and eccentric phase
It can be performed with pedal support in the middle phase of the gesture and keep the limb in contact with the ground.
3. Hip flexion with rotation
In this gesture, we imply to a greater extent other adjacent muscles; However, do not forget that it is impossible to isolate a muscle 100%, the body is a whole with its corresponding ‘microcosm.’ The union between the lower train and the ‘Core’ is one of the utmost importance.
Also achievable in Hip machine or lower pulleys with ankle grip
Finally, and for a higher level, we have the application of external loads. Either through pulleys or inverting the machine ‘Hip’ of buttocks.
Remember, colleagues, creativity, and passion. Without them, you will reach abandonment and boredom in any activity.